Power Electronic and Signal Processing research Unit ( PESPRU ) at Palestine Polytechnic University ( PPU ) was established in 2005.
This unit aims to develop the scientific research in the field of power electronics and signal processing. Moreover, it will work to find and apply novice technologies to serve the local industry. It also aims to have an advanced position in serving the local and global industrial sectors.
PESPRU works in Parallel and supportive manner with the other units at the University to achieve the strategic goals of PPU as a leader in creating and applying new technologies in this field.
- The unit is looking to have joint project with the local industry, and cooperate with Industrialists to discuss problems they face and search together for those problems solutions.
- Working on training programs for engineers and graduates by using advanced laboratories and updated information by signing scientific agreement with local and international institutions.
- Arranging and holding scientific meetings and workshops and invite experts in power electronics and energy filed from all around the world.
- Improve the power electronic academic program, by developing new and advanced branches in this filed.
- Using educational materials designed on modular approach basis. Also, using e- learning in teaching students for industrial automation and other similar programs.
- Electronic power supply and energizing uni.
- systems of Energy Converting.
- Electrical Driving systems.
- Signal processing units.
- Sensors and transducers and their applications
- Power factor and optimize power units.
- Electromagnetic field and laser applications.
Mission and Objectives
Providing the industry with new technologies in the field of industrial electronics and signal processing.
Strengthening the relationship between the unit and local and global industries as well as similar institutions.
Conducting advanced research projects in cooperation with external partners (industrial sector, universities, and similar research centers).
Offering appropriate solutions to the industrial problems in the field of power electronics.
Organizing meetings and public forums to exchange experiences and discuss the developments in this important field.
Improving the educational environment of university students who are involved in this field either directly or indirectly.
Hosting national and international experts in this field to give lectures, seminars, and consultations.
Power electronics Lab.
Printed Circuit Board ( PCB ) Lab.
Digital Signal Processing ( DSP )Lab